The Killer Nashville Scholarships
The Killer Nashville Scholarships Program is open for submissions.
The annual Killer Nashville International Writers’ Conference was created in 2006 as a way to give back to the writing community and educate/empower writers in all stages of their careers. In that spirit, and thanks to generous donors, Killer Nashville offers several scholarships each year. “Writers’ voices are crucial, especially today,” says Clay Stafford, Killer Nashville Founder. “And we are delighted to continue to discover voices that might otherwise go unnoticed. These scholarships make dreams come true.”
Scholarship amounts vary depending upon need and the scholarship is awarded up to the full out-of-pocket costs to attend Killer Nashville. Funds will be awarded to authors who demonstrate need in an essay format. Applicants should submit their entries no later than July 15, 2022.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to give a presentation at the Killer Nashville Awards Dinner.
Ellery Adams Cozy Scholarship
Baron R. Birtcher Scholarship
Kris Calvin Scholarship
Bonnie Hearn Hill Scholarship
Lisa Jackson Scholarship
Charley Pearson Scholarship
Scott Merriman Scholarship
– Write an essay that illustrates your financial need and why you want to attend the Killer Nashville International Writers’ Conference.
– Entries should be a minimum of 500 words long, double-spaced, and in 12-point Times New Roman or Courier with at least 1-inch margins.
– In the top left margin of your essay, in single-spaced format, include your name, mailing address, email, and phone number(s) where you can be reached by the Killer Nashville Scholarship Committee.
– Attach entries to the form below.
– The deadline is July 15, 2022.
– We also require a letter of recommendation for all scholarship applicants. Letters should come from someone who can speak with authority regarding the applicant and their writing (an industry professional, educator, agent, workshop group member, etc.). Letters should be sent from the person giving the recommendation directly to email@example.com.