The general public and attendees can purchase tickets for the Killer Nashville Escape Room at the Killer Nashville registration table. When you sign up to play you will choose an hour-long time slot. The game will run from Friday, August 19th to Sunday, August 21st. Cost: $15
What is an Escape Room?
An escape room is a physical adventure game in which players are “locked” in a room and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles and escape within a set time limit.
Think of it as a self-contained treasure hunt. We all love a good treasure hunt, right?
In this escape room, you’re in a race against time to find a publishing contract or the publisher will sign someone else.
What exactly do you do? Solve the puzzles and follow the clues!
Here are a few easy tips and hints to remember:
1. Arrive 10-15 minutes early to meet your team members and get instructions.
2. Use the bathroom before you arrive. Once you’re in the room, there’s no leaving until you solve it or the time’s up. If you must leave, you can’t re-enter.
3. Communicate and share. It’s going to take more than one person to find the hidden contract, so everyone needs to be aware of unused clues.
4. Please put your phone on mute. And don’t take and post pictures. That will ruin it for future players.
5. If someone can’t figure out a puzzle, let another person try. Sometimes it’s all about your viewpoint.
6. Once an item is used for a clue, it’s done. Put all the “used” items in a central location so you can forget about them (leave keys in locks, locks open, etc). It also makes it easier for us to set up for the next group.
7. If it’s taped down, it’s not supposed to be ripped apart.
8. Don’t remove anything from the walls.
9. Sometimes, normal items can be used in tandem with other items … or parts of them can.
10. Understanding clues is all about patterns.
11. There are no red herrings.
12. Don’t assume anything.